Reading is not just something that children should do in school; it needs to be an everyday part of our lives, something we choose to do at all ages. Here is why reading if important:
1. It opens a world of possibilities which builds a strong imagination ability
2. Reading can provide children with endless hours of fun and entertainment.
3. It is a vital skill for children to master, and an important source of knowledge and pleasure that can last a lifetime.
4. The more children read, the better they become at reading. It’s as simple as that.
5. The more enjoyable the things they read are, the more they’ll stick with them and develop the reading skills.